TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of September 27, 2022
1.Tom's average grade is 90. If he received the following grades in all his other subjects, what was his math grade? English: 84; History: 91; Science: 89; Spanish: 95
2.In periods of prolonged drought, what effect might occur?
- Changes in the date of the winter solstice
- Increase in soil temperature
- More than one of these.
- Changes in dates of bird migrations
- Reduction in carbon dioxide absorbed by plants
3.In U.S. politics, some are shown in red, some in blue, and some in purple. What are the purple ones?
- Tea Party states
- States with high obesity rates
- Energy independent states
- Battleground states
- Agriculture centers
4.Who was born last?
- Jefferson Davis
- Thomas Edison
- Franklin Roosevelt
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Thomas Jefferson
5.Which country is in a different hemisphere from the others?
- New Zealand
6.Which does not belong?
7.According to a wise saying, an avian creature located in the metacarpus...
- will never be augmented by green, soft plants on its surface
- will induce excessive financial burden
- is as valuable as a greater quantity of said creatures amid the vegetation
- will join and migrate with others of similar plumage
- entraps the elongated, tube-like invertebrate animal
8.Who would come first in a biographical dictionary?
- The writer of the Star Spangled Banner
- The Vice President of the U.S. under George W. Bush
- The first man on the moon.
- The author of the Declaration of Independence
- The inventor of the phonograph
9.IN 2014, the U.S., Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the United Arab Emirates formed this in the face of a terrorist threat from a group with a four-letter name.
- A market
- A convoy
- A fort
- A coalition
- An airline
10.What two numbers come next in this sequence: 5,25,10,6,36,20,7,49,30,8...
© 2006-2022 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.